Strawberry Cream Pie
|Piecrust mix||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen strawberries||10 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Ice water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nonfat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Prepare piecrust mix according to label directions. Divide in half; wrap and refrigerate one portion for another use. Roll out remaining half to line 8-inch pie plate. Trim and flute edge of pastry. Prick pie shell well; chill or freeze for 15 minutes. Bake according to label directions for empty pie shell; set on wire rack to cool completely.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Place over low heat just until gelatin is dissolved.
3. In small bowl, combine gelatin, drained strawberries and 1/4 cup of the ice water; chill until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle dry milk powder over remaining 1/2 cup ice water in large bowl. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Using mixer at high speed, beat gelatin-strawberry mixture until light and foamy. Using rubber spatula, gently fold into dry milk mixture; spoon into pie shell and chill until completely set, about 1 1/2 hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1551 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.34 g0.52%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.5 mg9.2%
Sodium 1922.1 mg80.1%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g65.8%
Sugars 78.4 g
Protein 98 g196.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 203.8%
Calcium 144% Iron 171.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet