8 Inch Lemon Chiffon Zwieback Pie
|Zwieback piecrust||1 (8 Inch)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare Zwieback Piecrust.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pie filling by sprinkling gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Using electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks in top of double boiler until lemon colored. Add honey, lemon juice and lemon rind.
4. Cook over simmering water until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in softened gelatin to dissolve; cool. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites in large bowl until stiff. Fold into lemon mixture.
5. Spoon mixture into baked Zwieback Piecrust. Chill for at least 2 hours.