Walnut Fudge Pie
|Unbaked 9 inch pie shell||1|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 Squares)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
|Light cream/Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Broken walnut meats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 350°F.
2. In double boiler, melt chocolate; remove from water. Add brown sugar, butter; beat until well blended.
3. Add granulated sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition till blended. Add salt, milk, corn syrup; mix well.
4. Cook over boiling water, stirring, 5 min. Remove from water; stir in 1 cup finely chopped walnuts and vanilla. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
5. Bake 1 hr.; scatter 1/4 cup broken walnuts on top; bake 5 min.