Chocolate Mint Chiffon Pie
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carob powder/Cocoa powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Carob powder/Cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low calorie whipped topping||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and 1 teaspoon carob or cocoa powder. Spread over bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Set crust aside.
2. In medium saucepan, combine gelatin, 1/4 cup carob or cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Stir in skim milk and egg yolks; beat well.
3. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly to dissolve gelatin. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract; cool, and chill until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites, about 1 hour.
4. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until egg whites are stiff.
5. Using rubber spatula, carefully fold beaten egg whites and whipped topping into gelatin mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared pie plate. Chill for 12 hours or overnight.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 927 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 639.3 mg213.1%
Sodium 467 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 105.2 g
Protein 40 g80.6%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 33.7% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet