Cherry Pie Cake
|All purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cherry filling||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1. Sift flour and baking powder onto wax paper.
2. Beat eggs and salt in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; beat in sugar, then corn syrup, until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in flour mixture and vanilla, blending well.
3. Turn into a greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pan.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 20 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove with small spatula and cool completely on wire rack. Place on serving plate.
5. Fill a pastry bag with whipped cream and pipe around edge. Fill center with CHERRY filling; chill