|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|9 inch pastry shell||1|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Garlic||To Taste, minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to at 450°F.
2) In a pot, poach the fish in boiling water, to cover, with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter until fish flakes easily.
3) Using a slotted spoon remove the fish and set aside.
4) Bake pie shell in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 325°F.
6) In a non-stick pan, heat 3 tablespoons butter and saute onions and celery until soft.
7) Stir in parsley, salt, cayenne, garlic, and black pepper.
8) Whisk in the flour into the onion mixture, stirring constantly.
9) Stir in cream; cook until thickened.
10) Add cheese and stir until completely melted.
11) Take the pan off the heat and gently fold in the fish.
12) Transfer the mixture into pie crust.
13) In a non-stick pan, toss the bread crumbs with remaining butter and sprinkle over pie.
14) Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes .
15) Cut the pie into wedges and serve hot with small salad on side.
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.2%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.4 mg51.8%
Sodium 742 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 32% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet