|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame oil/Safflower oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
|Clam juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chopped clams||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Finely Chopped)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄10 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To prepare pastry, put the whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour, and salt in a bowl. Add the oil and work in with the fingers.
2. Add the ice water a teaspoon at a time until dough clings together. Wrap in wax paper and chill.
3. To prepare filling, put the clam juice, potatoes, carrot, and onion in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are barely tender, about 12 minutes.
4. Add clams, pepper, and kelp. Mix the flour with the cream and stir into the clam mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring until the mixture thickens cool.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Divide the pastry dough in half and roll out one half between sheets of wax paper to fit a deep, 10-inch pie plate or casserole. Pour in the cooled clam mixture. Roll out the remaining dough between sheets of wax paper and use to cover the pie. Seal edges and cut a steam hole in the center of the top crust.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until the pastry is done, about 30 minutes longer.