Levi Roots makes St George's Cottage Pie
|Lean minced beef/Lamb||200 Gram (Could Also Use Chicken Or Turkey Mince)|
|Reggae reggae sauce||490 Gram (1 Jar)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Natural yoghurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 , cut into strips|
|Baking potatoes||2 Large, peeled and diced|
|Sweet potato||1 , peeled and diced|
|Unsalted butter||25 Gram|
|Salt||To Taste (For Seasoning)|
|Pepper||To Taste (For Seasoning)|
• Turn on the oven and heat to 200C
• Heat the oil in a saucepan and carefully add the minced meat along with the carrots. Fry lightly taking care to break up any lumps of meat.
• Sprinkle over the stock cube and add the jar of sauce along with the tinned tomatoes, simmer for approx 25 minutes
• Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil and add the chopped potatoes, leave to cook.
• Place into the casserole dish or dishes, about 2/3 of the way up and leave to one side to cool
• Once the potatoes are cooked through, drain and leave for 1 minute to dry out. Add the milk & butter and mash until smooth and creamy. Season to taste
• Carefully place spoonfuls of the potato on top of the meat mixture then bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
• Remove from the oven with caution and place a spoonful of the bake onto a plate, serve with vegetables of your choice and enjoy!