Apple Raisin Walnut Pie
|Whole wheat pastry||1|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced peeled tart apples||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Broken walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Prepare pastry and press evenly in 10-inch pie plate. Flute edges with fork.
2. Blend the arrowroot with the apple juice in a large saucepan.
3. Add apples, spices, salt, lemon juice, honey, raisins, and walnuts.
4. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until fairly thick.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Pour the filling into pie shell and bake below the center of the oven for about 40 minutes, or until crust is browned and apples are tender.