Dutch Apple Pie
|Apples||8 , sliced|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1. Peel and slice apples.
2. I use whatever apples available.
3. Add lemon juice as you slice the apples to prevent their discoloration.
4. In a bowl mix sugar(brown, white or both) with Cinnamon, mix into the apples well.
5. Add butter on top of the apple mix.
6. Cover with Aluminum foil and cook on the stove top covered for 35 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
7. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUIDS such as water.
For the top crust :
8. In another bowl mix melted butter and sugar.
9. Add flour until the mix forms crumbs like consistency.
10. Sprinkle your crumbly mix on top of the cooked apples.
11. Broil the top for few minutes until it is browned nicely.
12. Serve hot with Vanilla Ice Cream. Simply Delicious!!