|Phyllo/Strudel pastry leaves||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||30 Ounce, thawed (Three 10 Ounce Packages)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Bring pastry to room temperature.
2 In a medium-sized heat-resistant non-metallic bowl melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 (40) seconds. Add onion and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes or until tender.
3. Press all moisture out of spinach and blot dry.
4 Combine spinach, onion, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl; stir until well blended.
5 Brush a 9-inch square non-metallic baking dish lightly with some of the % cup melted butter.
6 In the bottom of the baking dish layer 8 pastry leaves, one by one, brushing the top of each with some of the melted butter.
7. Spread evenly with spinach mixture.
8 Repeat the layering process with 8 more leaves.
9. Trim off uneven edges of pastry. Cut through the pastry layer to form squares.
10. Pour any remaining butter over the top. Bake in Microwave Oven, uncovered, 8 (10) minutes, turning 1/2 turn after 4 (5) minutes.