1. In a large bowl, beat egg and slowly stir in milk, sugar, and coconut milk.
2. Add cornstarch and pour the mixture into a large pan.
3. Place the pan on oven over medium heat , stir consistently and cook for 10-15 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
4. After the pudding has cooled, add butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
5. Add 1 ½ cup of coconut and mix well.
6. Pour the filling into pie crust and refrigerate for about an hour.
7. While the pie is in refrigerator, toast the remaining coconut for a few minutes.
8. Whip the thawed topping and set aside.
9. Once the pie is set, spread topping over filling and sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Pop it back into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For all those who are fond of coconut here is a great coconut cream pie recipe. The video shares an easy recipe to make a delicious coconut cream pie at home. This dessert is an effortless dish that would surely impress your family and friends!