Black Bottom Cheese Pie
|Chocolate wafers||24 (1/2 Box)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Soften cheese, then blend in sugar and salt.
2. Beat until fluffy, then add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Beat in vanilla, and pour into crust.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Cool 15 minutes. Turn oven to 450°.
6. Top with a mixture of 1 c. sour cream 2 tbsp. sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
7. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Chill.
Val says this is a rich pie, but not too sweet. She often tops it with a fruit that is in season.