Frosty Lime Pie
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated lime peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped and sweetened|
1. Beat the egg yolks in top of double boiler until thick.
2. Gradually beat in 1/2 c. sugar, and continue beating until mixture is pale and stiff.
3. Stir in juice and rind, then heat over simmering water, stirring until mixture coats a silver spoon.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl to cool to room temperature.
5. Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form, then slowly beat in the remaining 1/4, c. sugar.
6. Fold meringue mixture gradually into cooled yolk mixture.
7. Turn into graham cracker shell, and bake at 350° until lightly browned €” 20-25 minutes. Chill.
8. This now can be wrapped and frozen. Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving.
9. Cover with whipped cream and garnish with lime slices dipped in sugar, or any fresh fruit.