Chocolate Haupia Pie is a favorite dessert in Hawaii. This is a delicious concoction of chocolate and coconut pudding poured brilliantly into a flaky pie crust and topped with the whipped cream. Haupia is a dreamy creamy coconut dessert that goes great with chocolate. So if you like chocolate and coconut, you will love this!
1 Can (10 oz)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1) In a pan, heat the coconut milk, whole milk and sugar together.
2) Add the corn starch slurry and cook until thickened.
3) In another saucepan, melt the semi-sweet chocolate.
4) In a bowl, mix the milk mixture and the melted chocolate and spread evenly in the pie crust.
5) Then spread a layer of the regular Haupia mix and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
6) In a bowl over the ice bath, add the whipping cream and powdered sugar, whip with an electric mixer, then add the vanilla extract and whip further until heavy peaks form
7) Spoon the whipped cream in a piping bag and pipe the cream nicely all over the pie.
8) Garnish with the chocolate shavings and serve.
Please See Video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.
Yummy frozen crust filled with this yummy concoction and served with dollops of freshly whipped cream is one treat that none can resist. Haupia is one such creamy coconut dessert that gets further character when gooey chocolate mixes into it. A truly tropical way to pamper your sweet tooth. The chef here presents an extremely simple to whomp up this wonder.
Hawaiian Chocolate Haupia Pie Part 2 Cooking Recipe Video