Hawaiian Chocolate Haupia Pie Part 2 Cooking
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate||7 Ounce|
|Haupia mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, heat the coconut milk, whole milk and sugar together.
2) Add the corn starch slurry and cook until thickened.
3) In another saucepan, melt the semi-sweet chocolate.
4) In a bowl, mix the milk mixture and the melted chocolate and spread evenly in the pie crust.
5) Then spread a layer of the regular Haupia mix and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
6) In a bowl over the ice bath, add the whipping cream and powdered sugar, whip with an electric mixer, then add the vanilla extract and whip further until heavy peaks form
7) Spoon the whipped cream in a piping bag and pipe the cream nicely all over the pie.
8) Garnish with the chocolate shavings and serve.
Please See Video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.
Calories 1205 Calories from Fat 661
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.6%
Saturated Fat 52.6 g262.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.4 mg57.1%
Sodium 193.6 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 106.4 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet