Chocolate Haupia Pie is a favorite dessert in Hawaii. This is a delicious concoction of chocolate and coconut pudding poured brilliantly into a flaky pie crust and topped with the whipped cream. Haupia is a dreamy creamy coconut dessert that goes great with chocolate. So if you like chocolate and coconut, you will love this!
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
1) In a medium size bowl, mix the dry pie crust ingredients.
2) Cut in the butter and vegetable shortening until cornmeal consistency.
3) Gradually add the iced water to the mixture to form a dough. Chill for about 1/2 hour.
4) Roll the dough over a lighly floured surface about 12 inches.
5) Place in a pie pan and trim the edges, poke holes at the bottom of the pie crust.
6) Place some dry beans in a foil over the pie crust and bake the pie crust in a 350 Degree F preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Please See Video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.
The Hawaiians simply love this creamy pie and so will you! Crispy piecrust filled with chocolate and coconut pudding mix and topped with luscious whipped cream makes for a dreamy treat. Rich and delicious, this toothsome is indeed something to die for. This video recipe explicates the recipe in detail. Follow it and get making.
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.9%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 368.2 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Hawaiian Chocolate Haupia Pie Part 1 Preparation Recipe Video