Video 2 Home Canning Fruit In Syrup Or As A Pie Filling
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricots||6 Cup (96 tbs) (peeled, seed removed)|
|Warm sugar syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For pork roast|
|Pork meat||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Canned apricots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flax seeds||1 Teaspoon|
GETTING G READY
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees F.
2. In a pot over medium heat, put sugar, corn starch, lime juice and stir well.
3. Take the apricots in a basket and insert in the warm water for a few minutes. Once the skin is softened, peel the skin off and remove the seeds.
4. Add the apricots into the pie filling. Cook for a few minutes until done.
5. Remove from heat and ladle the Apricot pie filling into the sterilized jars.
6. Pour the warm sugar syrup into each jar. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim and put lids and caps.
7. Place these jars in the pressure canner at 100 degree C and process it for 30 minutes.
FOR PORK ROAST
8. In a pan, place the pork, season with salt and pepper. Insert the thermometer sensor into the pork and roast in the oven at 160 degree F until done.
9. Remove the pork roast from oven and place on a cutting board. Slice the pork.
10. In the same pan with pork juices, on high heat, add 2 cups of canned apricots and stir well.
11. Put flax seeds, keep stirring and cook for 15 minutes.
12. Pour this sauce over the sliced pork roast and garnish with fresh basil.
13. Serve the Roasted Pork and Apricot Pie Filling right away.