Lattice Topped Raisin Pie
|Dark seedless raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry for a double crust 9 inch pie/One11-ounce package piecrust mix||1|
1. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat raisins and 2 cups water to boiling. Reduceheat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In cup, mix cornstarch and 1/2 cup water; gradually stir into raisin mixture; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly; cook 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat.
2. From orange, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Add orange peel, orange juice, butter or margarine, and salt to raisin mixture; set aside.
3. Prepare pastry for 2-crust pie; shape into 2 balls, one slightly larger. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll larger pastry ball into round about 2 inches larger all around than 9-inch pie plate. Line pie plate with pastry; trim pastry edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Spoon raisin mixture into piecrust.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare remaining pastry as in Woven Lattice Pie Top
5. Bake pie 30 to 35 minutes until crust is golden and raisin mixture begins to bubble. Cool pie on wire rack 1 hour; serve warm. Or cool completely to serve later.