Apple And Caramel Pie
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoons)|
|All purpose flour||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Salt||1 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Water||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sugar/Brown sugar||250 Milliliter, well packed (1 Cup)|
|Apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled (1.5 Liters, Peeled, Diced)|
|Vanilla extract||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Pie crusts||2 , uncooked|
– Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
– In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and salt and boil 1 minute.
– Remove from heat, continue to stir and add water and sugar.
– Continue cooking at medium heat, stirring until the sauce boils or becomes thick and creamy.
– Add apples, cover and cook at low heat 15 minutes, stirring often.
– Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, let stand to cool.
– Line a 9-inch (22-cm) pie plate with crust and fill with apple mixture. Cover with second crust and pinch sides. Make a slit in the middle to let the steam escape, and bake 30 to 35 minutes.