Strawberry Banana Pie
|Strawberry fruit spread||3 Tablespoon|
|Glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Strawberry juice/Other strawberry juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut in half|
|Bananas||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
1. To make the crust, break the crackers into pieces, and place in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process into fine crumbs. Measure the crumbs. There should be 1 1/4 cups. (Adjust the amount if necessary.)
2. Return the crumbs to the food processor. Add the fruit spread, and process until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
3. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray, and use the back of a spoon to press the crumbs against the sides and bottom of the pan, forming an even crust. (Periodically dip the spoon in sugar, if necessary, to prevent sticking.) Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes, or until the edges feel firm and dry. Set aside to cool.
4. To make the glaze, place the sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan, and stir to mix well. Slowly stir in the juice. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low, and cook and stir for another minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and set aside for 15 minutes.
5. To assemble the pie, stir the glaze and spoon a thin layer over the bottom of the crust. Arrange half of the strawberries and half of the bananas over the glaze, and top with half of the remaining glaze. Repeat the layers. Chill for several hours, or until the glaze is set.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3143 Calories from Fat 484
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.1%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1002.9 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 665 g221.8%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.7%
Sugars 454.5 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 888.5%
Calcium 10% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet