Cheese And Spinach Pie
|Sweet italian sausage||1 Pound, chopped (Links)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed and well drained (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce, shredded (1 Package)|
|Ricotta cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring frequently, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Spoon off fat from skillet.
2. Reserve 1 egg yolk. In large bowl, combine remaining eggs and egg white with sausage, spinach, mozzarella, ricotta and salt.
3. Prepare piecrust mix as label directs for 2-crust pie. Divide pastry into 2 pieces, 1 slightly larger; shape each piece into a ball. On lightly
floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll larger ball into a circle 2 inches larger all around than 9-inch pie plate; use to line pie plate. Spoon sausage mixture into pie plate.
4. Roll remaining pastry ball into 10-inch circle. Cut out small circle in center of pastry. Place pastry over filling. Trim pastry edge, leaving 1/2-inch overhang; fold overhang under and press gently all around rim to make stand-up edge. Cut slits in pastry top.
5. In small bowl, mix reserved egg yolk with water. Brush top of pie with some egg-yolk mixture. Reroll scraps; cut to make decorative shapes and place on pie; brush design with egg-yolk mixture. Bake in 375°F. oven 1 1/4 hours or until crust is golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3921 Calories from Fat 1709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g296.8%
Saturated Fat 97.7 g488.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1847 mg615.7%
Sodium 8790.8 mg366.3%
Total Carbohydrates 278 g92.8%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96.1%
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 281 g561.6%
Vitamin A 1168.5% Vitamin C 267%
Calcium 346.4% Iron 333.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet