Microwaved Cherry Pie
|Pastry||1 (For 2 Crust Pie)|
|Canned red tart pitted cherries packed in water||32 Ounce (Two 16 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare pastry for one crust; fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate.
2. Drain cherries; reserve 3/4 cup liquid.
3. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Add liquid gradually, stirring constantly. Cook in microwave oven 3 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir once. Mix in cherries.
4. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
5. Fill pastry-lined pie plate with cherry mixture; spread evenly. Prepare pastry for second crust. Cut into lattice strips and arrange in crisscross woven fashion on top of pie. Trim and seal edges.
6. Place pie plate on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 40 to 45 minutes at Combination II, or until lightly browned. Cool on cooling rack.