Microwaved Cherry Pie
|Pastry||1 (For 2 Crust Pie)|
|Canned red tart pitted cherries packed in water||32 Ounce (Two 16 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare pastry for one crust; fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate.
2. Drain cherries; reserve 3/4 cup liquid.
3. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Add liquid gradually, stirring constantly. Cook in microwave oven 3 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir once. Mix in cherries.
4. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
5. Fill pastry-lined pie plate with cherry mixture; spread evenly. Prepare pastry for second crust. Cut into lattice strips and arrange in crisscross woven fashion on top of pie. Trim and seal edges.
6. Place pie plate on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 40 to 45 minutes at Combination II, or until lightly browned. Cool on cooling rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1347 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 262 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.4%
Sugars 229.7 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 77.3% Vitamin C 46.4%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet