Easy Microwaved Apple Pie
|Pastry||1 (For 2-Crust Pie)|
|Cooking apples||6 Large|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare pastry for one crust; fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate.
3. Wash, core, pare and thinly slice apples. Combine apple slices with sugar, flour and cinnamon. Turn into pastry shell.
4. Prepare pastry for second crust; arrange on top of apples. Cut vents for steam; trim excess dough and flute edges to seal. Brush top with milk.
5. Place pie plate on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 40 minutes at Combination II, or until golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on cooling rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1372 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.5 mg0.5%
Sodium 78.8 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.8%
Dietary Fiber 32.9 g131.7%
Sugars 235.5 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 92.2%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet