Lattice Top Beef Pot Pie
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Medium, cooked, peeled and cubed|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pastry||1 (For 1 Crust Pie)|
1. Put butter, celery, onion and green pepper into an 8-inch round glass cake dish. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 minutes at High. Set
2. Cook meat uncovered in a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven 5 minutes at High, or until meat is no longer pink; stir and break meat apart with a wooden spoon once. Drain off fat from meat. Set aside.
3. Combine broth, wine, cornstarch, salt, pepper, chili powder and ketchup in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir twice.
4. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
5. Combine thickened broth, beef, potato and frozen mixed vegetables with onion mixture in glass dish; mix well.
6. Roll pastry to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into lattice strips (about 3/4 inch wide). Arrange on beef mixture in crisscross woven fashion. Brush with milk.
7. Place dish on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 40 to 45 minutes at Combination II, or until lightly browned.