Chicken Pot Pies
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped carrot||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked and cubed chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (For 1 Crust Pie)|
1. Put butter, onion, carrot and celery into a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 to 4 minutes at High, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Add broth and half-and-half gradually, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper and chicken.
2. Divide mixture in four 10-ounce glass casseroles.
3. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
4. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out four pastry rounds 1/2 inch larger than tops of casseroles. Turn edge under and fit each to top of casserole. Cut steam vents in tops. Brush with milk.
5. Place casseroles on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 38 to 40 minutes at Combination II, or until pastry is lightly browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1680 Calories from Fat 784
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g136.1%
Saturated Fat 42.6 g213.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 526.6 mg175.5%
Sodium 2113.4 mg88.1%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 129 g257.1%
Vitamin A 369.9% Vitamin C 51.4%
Calcium 38.2% Iron 41.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet