Chicken Pot Pies
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped carrot||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked and cubed chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (For 1 Crust Pie)|
1. Put butter, onion, carrot and celery into a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 to 4 minutes at High, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Add broth and half-and-half gradually, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper and chicken.
2. Divide mixture in four 10-ounce glass casseroles.
3. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
4. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out four pastry rounds 1/2 inch larger than tops of casseroles. Turn edge under and fit each to top of casserole. Cut steam vents in tops. Brush with milk.
5. Place casseroles on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 38 to 40 minutes at Combination II, or until pastry is lightly browned.