|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground beef/3/4 cup cooked diced beef||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Wash and pare potatoes. Cook until tender in a medium amount of boiling salted water, or use leftover mashed potatoes.
2. Drain, steam and mash potatoes.
3. Beat potatoes with milk and margarine until mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Melt fat in frying pan, add onion and meat and brown. Drain off excess fat. Add seasoning and flour.
5. Add tomatoes and cook until mixture is tender.
6. Pour mixture into a greased casserole.
7. Top with mashed potato mixture.
8. Cover and place in a moderate oven, 350° for 25 min.
9. Remove cover and bake 10 min. more or until top is golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1449 Calories from Fat 912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.8%
Saturated Fat 31.3 g156.3%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg55.2%
Sodium 1134.7 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 52 g103.5%
Vitamin A 49.3% Vitamin C 144.7%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet