Spicy Tuna Pie
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Frozen peas and carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Chopped pimento||1 Tablespoon|
|Packaged instant mashed potato buds||2 Ounce (2 Servings)|
|Herb-seasoned stuffing mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a deep 1 1/2 quart casserole with lid, combine butter or margarine and onion. Microwave at 100% (high) 2 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in flour and celery salt. Microwave at 100% (high) 30 seconds. Whisk in broth and milk. Microwave at 100% (high) 2 to 2-1/4 minutes or until thickened and bubbly; stir every 45 seconds. Mixture should be thick and smooth.
3. Place sour cream in a small bowl. Gradually stir half the hot sauce into sour cream. Stir mixture into remaining hot sauce in casserole. Fold in tuna, peas and carrots, and pimento. Cover and microwave at 100% (high) 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until heated through; stir after 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
4. Prepare instant mashed potatoes. Beat egg yolk into potatoes; fold in stuffing mix. Spoon potato mixture into a 7-inch pie plate.
5. Using the back of a spoon, form potatoes into a crust, building up edge above rim of pie plate. Sprinkle with paprika. Spoon tuna mixture into crust. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at 100% (high) 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until heated through; give dish a half turn after 1-1/2 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Garnish as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1070 Calories from Fat 548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.7%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330.2 mg110.1%
Sodium 1526.6 mg63.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 69 g137.2%
Vitamin A 146% Vitamin C 38.4%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet