Veal Kidney Pie
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ice water||5 Tablespoon|
|Veal kidneys||2 Pound|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
1. Cut butter into the flour with a pastry blender or two knives.
2. Quickly add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Shape pastry into a ball. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Roll out 2/3 of the dough and place in a 9-inch pie pan. Cover the bottom and sides. Bake for 10 minutes in a 425°F oven.
5. Wash kidneys. Place them in lightly salted cold water and boil. Remove from pan and remove skin
6. Remove fat from kidneys. Slice thinly, 1/4 inch thick, and fry in 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside.
7. Rinse and clean mushrooms and saute lightly in 1 tablespoon butter.
8. Add kidneys, chili sauce, cream, and vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Roll out the rest of the dough.
10. Place kidneys in the baked pie crust and place remaining dough on top. Brush with egg and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.