Leek And Sausage Pie
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated horseradish||To Taste|
|9 inch pie shell||1 , baked|
|Pork sausages||1⁄2 Pound, fully cooked and drained|
|Pastry||1 , baked (8 Inch Round)|
1. Trim the roots and green leaves from the leeks. Split lengthwise, wash carefully and cut into julienne strips.
2. Cook the leeks in the chicken stock until just tender but not mushy, about fifteen minutes. Drain and reserve the liquid.
3. Melt the butter, blend in the flour, salt and pepper. Add two cups of the reserved liquid slowly, while stirring. Bring to a boil, cover, and then cook over hot water, stirring occasionally, for thirty minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to moderate (375° F.).
5. Add the heavy cream and leeks to the sauce and reheat. Season with horseradish to taste and place in the baked pie shell.
6. Arrange the sausages like spokes of a wheel over the sauce mixture and place the pastry round on top.
7. Reheat the pie in the oven for ten minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4492 Calories from Fat 2305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 259 g398.9%
Saturated Fat 123.9 g619.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 583.3 mg194.4%
Sodium 4183.6 mg174.3%
Total Carbohydrates 464 g154.6%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.4%
Sugars 84.2 g
Protein 92 g183.4%
Vitamin A 632.4% Vitamin C 339.2%
Calcium 120.4% Iron 246.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet