|Pie shell||1 (frozen)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Strawberries||1 Quart, tops cut off|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Place the pie shell at room temperature for 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix together half of the water and corn starch, and set aside.
4. Cut the tops of strawberries, and slice half of the strawberries about ¼” thick.
5. Using a fork, prick the sides and bottom of the shell.
6. Bake the pie shell in oven for 15 minutes or until the golden brown in colour.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
8. In a saucepan on medium heat, heat together sugar, corn starch mixture and remaining water and stir to mix.
9. Add in the gelatine and stir well and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture starts bubbling.
10. Turn off the heat and allow the gelatine mixture to cool completely.
11. Put the cream cheese in the pie shell and spread well in the bottom.
12. Arrange the strawberries slices over the cream cheese, spreading all over and press lightly.
13. Place remaining whole strawberries on top and spoon the gelatine mixture on top.
14. Place in refrigerator for about an hour to set.
15. Cut in wedges and serve as desired.
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.6 mg13.9%
Sodium 369.6 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 54.6 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 154.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet