Homemade Shepherd's Pie
|Ground beef||10 Ounce|
|Whole onion||1 (Chopped)|
|Celery stalk||1 (Chopped)|
|Ketchup||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs)|
|Mustard paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Chopped)|
|Frozen corn||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese/Any of your favorite cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole potatoes||6 (Mashed)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat olive oil in a pot.
2. Start by sauteing the onions. Stir and add a pinch of salt to onions. Stir again and cook the onions until they are soft and caramelized.
3. Add the beef to the onions. Break with hands and spread evenly in the pot.
4. Mix the beef and onion.
5. Add garlic and mix.
6. When the beef is nice and brown add the celery.
7. Add 1 tsp chopped red pepper and chopped parsley. Keep stirring.
8. Add ketchup, mustard paste and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Mix all those flavors in. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
10. Once cooked, transfer this meat sauce in a casserole dish. Level it up with a spoon.
11. Add frozen corn, spread out evenly.
12. Add mashed potatoes, spread evenly with cooking spoon.
13. Finally add the shredded cheese, spread in a even layer. Cover for baking.
14. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook for 30-40 minutes.
15. In the last 10 minutes remove the lid and cook to get a nice crispy brown texture.
16. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.