1. Wash, and peel watermelon. Cut, and remove the flesh.
2. Now, cut the white rind of watermelon into ½-inch slices.
3. Wash and cut cucumber, lemon, and ginger into thin slices.
4. Into two clean 1 quart mason jars, add cinnamon stick, allspice berries, peppercorns, coriander seed, chili flakes, whole clove, and cardamom pods.
5. Arrange cucumber, watermelon rind, lemon, and ginger slices into the jars. Mix well.
6. Drop maraschino cherries in the jars, and set aside.
7. Place a large saucepan on medium high flame, and add vinegar, cherry juice, water, and the remaining spices in it.
8. Drop cinnamon sticks, and salt. Mix well.
9. Throw brown and white sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Bring it to a boil.
10. Reduce the heat, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Pour hot sugar mixture equally into the jars, making sure that everything in it is covered. Cover with lid, and let it cool, before putting it in refrigerator overnight.
12. Serve watermelon rind pickle as desired.
Use pickle for preparing relish, tartar sauce, or chutneys.