1. For the dry mix: In a bowl, mix the flour, pecans, cayenne pepper.
2. For the wet mix: In a flat dish, crack the egg and add buttermilk and whisk together.
3. Add sugar to it and whisk.
4. Dry the dill spears with paper towels so that the coating stays on well.
5. Heat 3 cup of oil in a skillet.
6. Dip the pickles in the dry mixture, then in the buttermilk mix and back into the dry mix and throw in the oil.
7. Make sure the pickles don't touch each other while cooking.
8. Remove excess oil from the pickles in paper towel.