|Firm cucumbers||30 (even sized)|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mixed pickling spice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and dry cucumbers.
2. In a crock or jar, arrange the cucumbers.
3. In a saucepan, take water and salt.
4. Bring it to a boil. Keep it aside to cool.
5. Add vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, mustard seed and pickling spice.
6. Pour it over the cucumbers such that the liquid should completely cover it. If it is not covering it, add more salted water.
7. Top it with dill.
8. If crock is used, cover with a plate or wooden board to weigh it down.
9. Cover it loosely with cheesecloth. Keep it aside in a cool place for a week. If you prefer very green pickles, check out its test after 5 days.
10. Serve Dill Pickles as an accompaniment for various meat, fish and vegetable dishes.