Microwave Cooked Cranberry Apple Relish
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole cranberries/Fresh whole cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), frozen, defrosted|
|Apple||1 Medium, cored and chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
1) In 1 1/2 to 2-qt casserole, combine sugar, spices and apple juice.
2) Stir the mixture to blend.
3) Stir in cranberries and apple.
4) Cover the casserole.
5) Microwave at High 9 to 11 minutes, or until skins of berries just begin to split and liquid is slightly thickened.
6) Add walnuts.
7) Let relish cool before serving.
8) Serve the cranberry apple relish over toast and pancake.