Cranberry Pickle Sauce
|Cranberries||1 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (5% Acid Strength)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
1. In a 3 quart kettle, put together cranberries, sugar and vinegar; bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered until cranberries burst.
2. Stir in spices and simmer uncovered over low heat for another 15 minutes.
3. Into 3 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Use Cranberry Pickle Sauce as topping for cheese Crostinis.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1415 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 18.1 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 360 g120%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91.4%
Sugars 319.3 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 101.3%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet