|Pickling cucumbers||4 Pound (40 nos., 4" each)|
|Dill seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (5% acid strength)|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Canning/pickling)|
1) Wash cucumbers; cut 1/16" slice off blossom ends.
2) Strelize 8 pint jars.
3) Pack the raw cucumbers into sterilized hot pint jars.
4) To each jar, add 1 tblsp dill seeds and 3 peppercorns.
5) In 2-qt saucepan, combine vinegar, water and salt ; bring to boil.
6) Pour over cucumbers, filling to within 1/4" of jar top.
7) Wipe jar rim; adjust lids.
8) In boiling water bath, process the jars for 10 minutes.
9) Start to count processing time when water in canner returns to boil.
10) Remove jars and complete seals unless closures are self-sealing type.
11) Serve the dill pickle as side dish.