|Pickling cucumbers||3 Pound (Green, large)|
|Ice water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Cider vinegar||4 Cup (64 tbs) (5% acid strength)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Canning/pickling)|
1) Wash cucumbers.
2) Cut 1/16" slice off blossom end.
3) Soak in ice water in 1-gal crock for 5 hours in refrigerator.
4) Cut each cucumber lengthwise into 4 to 6 strips.
5) In 3 sterilized hot quart jars, pack the cucumber slices adding 3 branches celery and 3 slices onion to each jar.
6) Combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in 2-qt saucepan.
7) Bring to rolling boil.
8) Pour over cucumbers, filling to within 1/4" of jar top.
9) Wipe jar rim; adjust lids.
10) Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
11) Start to count processing time when water in canner returns to boiling.
12) Remove jars and complete seals unless closures are self-sealing type.
13) Serve the cucumber pickles as side dish.