Sweet Sour Dill Chunks
|Cucumbers||1 Medium (Or Dill Sized)|
|Onion||1 , sliced (Or As Required)|
|Celery stalks||2 , quartered|
|Dill head||8 (Fresh Ones)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Rinse the cucumbers and slice in 1inch chunks or in quarters, enough to pack in 4 sterilized quart jars.
2) Into each jar add 3 to 4 slices onion, 2 pieces celery and 2 heads dill.
3) In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar and salt in vinegar and water.
4) Bring to a boil, then immediately pour over the cucumbers in each jar to cover.
5) Seal immediately, store in a cool place and do not use for 30 days for a perferct flavour.
6) Use the 4 quarts Sweet Sour Dill Chunks as required.