Easy Sweet Dills
|Processed dill pickles||2 Quart, sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|5% cider vinegar||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Whole allspice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Drain dill pickles.
2) In 4-qt kettle, combine garlic, vinegar, spices and sugar.
3) Boil the mixture; simmer 5 minutes.
4) Add pickles.
5) Bring to boil.
6) Pack cucumbers into 4 sterilized hot pint jars; cover with syrup, filling to within 1/4" of jar top.
7) Wipe jar rim; adjust lids.
8) Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
9) Start to count processing time when water in canner returns to boiling.
10) Remove jars and complete seals unless closures are self-sealing type.
11) Serve the easy sweet Dill as relish.