Extra Good Sweet Dills
|Pickling cucumbers||4 Pound (About 4 Inch In Length)|
|Ice water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill seeds||6 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced (2 Inch In Diameter)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canning salt/Pickling salt||To Taste|
1) Wash cucumbers; cut 1/16" slice off blossom end.
2) Cover the cucumbers with ice water.
3) Let stand in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours.
4) Drain them and quarter lengthwise.
5) Take 6 pint jars and sterlize them.
6) To each of sterilized hot pint jars, add 1 tblsp dill seeds and 2 slices onion.
7) Into jars, pack cucumbers.
8) In 2-qt saucepanCombine vinegar, 1 cup water, sugar and salt.
9) Bring to boil.
10) Pour over cucumbers, filling to within 1/4" of jar top.
11) Wipe jar rim; adjust lids.
12) In boiling water bath, process the jars for 10 minutes.
13) Start to count processing time when water in canner returns to boiling.
14) Remove jars and complete seals unless closures are self-sealing type.
15) Serve the sweet dill as relish with main dishes.