Snappy Cucumber Pickles
|Small cucumber||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the cucumbers and pat dry them.
2) Cut each cucumber into 4 spears, lengthwise.
3) In a shallow container, place the cucumber spears, cut side down. Set aside.
4) In a 1-cup glass measure, combine together the water, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Stir well.
5) Microwave the mixture, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes, till it boils.
4) Over the reserved cucumber spears, pour the mixture.
5) Cover the preparation and chill in the fridge for about 8 hours.
6) Transfer the chilled preparation to a decorative serving plate and serve while still quite cold.