Hot Pepper Pear Relish
|Pears||16 Pound, peeled, cored, and quartered (About 8 Quarts)|
|Dried hot peppers/1/2 teaspoon cayenne||2|
|Sweet green peppers||8|
|Dill pickles||1 Quart|
|Chopped onions||2 Quart|
|Salt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground turmeric||2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Quart|
1) In a food grinder with a medium blade, grind the pears, peppers, dill pickles and onions together.
2) In a bowl, combine the pear mixture with salt and allow to stand overnight.
3) Next morning, drain off the liquid, cover the pear mixture with cold water then drain once again.
4) In a large kettle, combine rest of the ingredients together, until smooth.
5) Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes.
6) Stir in the pear mixture, stir continuously and boil for another 5 minutes.
7) In hot sterilized jars, pour the 8 quarts relish and seal the jars.
8) Use the Pear Relish as required.