|White vinegar||1 Quart|
|Pickling salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, mix together water, vinegar and salt.
2) Heat the vinegar mixture to boil, and let it boil for 7 minutes.
3) Take the pan away form heat and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
4) Pack the cucumbers in sterilized jar.
5) Pour the vinegar sauce over cucumber.
6) Seal the jar with sterilized lid.
7) Leave the cucumber to marinate for at least 6 weeks.
8) Serve as desired.
Use ½ teaspoon of alum for 2 quart, which helps the pickle to stay crisp.