Spicy Green Tomato Relish
|Green tomatoes||4 Quart|
|Green peppers||3 , cut in halves and deseeded|
|Red peppers||3 , cut in halves and deseeded|
|Cauliflowers||3 , cut in florets|
|Carrots||3 , cut in to chunks|
|Celery stalk||1⁄2 , chopped|
|White vinegar||1 Quart|
|Pickling salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pickling sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Pint|
|White sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||3 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, mix together water, vinegar and salt.
2) Heat the vinegar mixture to boil, and let it boil for 7 minutes.
3) Take the pan away form heat and allow the brine to rest for 5 minutes.
4) In a food processor, mix together tomatoes, green and red peppers, onions, cauliflower and carrots.
5) Process the vegetables until roughly chopped.
6) In a bowl, mix the chopped vegetable with celery.
7) Pour half of the brine over the chopped vegetables and allow to soak overnight.
8) Pour off the brine.
9) In a saucepan, place vegetable mixture with the reserved fresh brine and boil for 15 minutes.
10) Drain the vegetable mixture again.
11) Add the pickling sauce to the vegetable mixture.
12) In a saucepan, place vegetable mixture and boil for 3 minutes.
13) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
14) Pour the vegetable mixture in a sterilized jar, mix with spoon to release trapped air bubbles if any.
15) Seal with a sterilized lid.
16) Serve as desired.