Grilled Barracuda With Cucumber Carrot And Daikon Pickle
|Daikon||1 Small (Oriental white radish)|
|White rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Firm barracuda fillets||28 Ounce (4 pieces, 7 ounce / 200 gram each)|
|Lime||1⁄2 Large, freshly juiced|
|Mirin||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1) To make the pickle, remove the seeds and thinly slice the cucumber (use a mandolin if possible).
2) Slice the carrot and daikon fine.
3) Add little salt cucumber, carrot and daikon for 2 hours, then discard water and wash salt off under cold tap.
4) Wash thoroughly at least two times.
5) Now add sugar, 1 large pinch of salt and white rice vinegar.
6) Keep in the fridge for 3 hours.
7) To make the barracuda : chop fine the chilli and add lime juice, mirin, chilli, salt and pepper to the barracuda fillets and allow to marinate for not more than 10 minutes.
8) Now grill fillets in hot oven or try a barbecue and fish pocket (easily made with fine chicken wire brushed with olive oil).
9) Grilling will take about 3 minutes a side.
10) Grilled fillets are ready to be served.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.4 mg25.8%
Sodium 235.1 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 39 g78.5%
Vitamin A 64.2% Vitamin C 54.8%
Calcium 15% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet