|Salt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried ground chili peppers||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Ginger slice/Powdered ginger - 3 teaspoon||4|
1) Rinse the limes or lemons and dry them thoroughly.
2) In a 2-quart wide-neck jar, spread 1/2-inch salt at the bottom and place alternate layers of the limes and salt.
3) Close the jar and keep aside in a cool dry place for 1 month.
4) Remove the limes and cut each lime into 4 sections, attached at one end.
5) Rinse and dry the jar thoroughly, then return the limes into the jar.
6) In a bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, chili peppers, mustard seed, cumin, garlic, and ginger together.
7) Pour the mixture over the limes, cover the jar and allow to pickle for 2 weeks.
8) Refrigerate and serve as desired.