|Salt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried ground chili peppers||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Ginger slice/Powdered ginger - 3 teaspoon||4|
1) Rinse the limes or lemons and dry them thoroughly.
2) In a 2-quart wide-neck jar, spread 1/2-inch salt at the bottom and place alternate layers of the limes and salt.
3) Close the jar and keep aside in a cool dry place for 1 month.
4) Remove the limes and cut each lime into 4 sections, attached at one end.
5) Rinse and dry the jar thoroughly, then return the limes into the jar.
6) In a bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, chili peppers, mustard seed, cumin, garlic, and ginger together.
7) Pour the mixture over the limes, cover the jar and allow to pickle for 2 weeks.
8) Refrigerate and serve as desired.
Calories 34 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 242.6 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 0.25 g0.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.96%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet