Assorted Bread and Butter Pickles
|Pickling cucumbers||2 Pound (8 Medium)|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Coarse salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Kosher)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Trim the ends off and cut into 1/4-inch slices. You can also use crinkle-edged cutter to cut cucumber for an authentic look.
2) In a large mixing bowl, put cucumbers, onions, ice cubes and salt.
3) Let it stand for 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
4) Rinse and drain 3 times with cold water.
5) In a saucepan, put together vinegar, sugar , mustard seeds, celery seeds and turmeric.
6) Bring it to a boil over high heat.
7) Add the vegetables.
8) As the liquid starts to simmer remove from heat.
9) Put the vegetables and the liquid in a bowl, and let it cool.
10) Cover with a plastic film and refrigerate it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3349.9 mg139.6%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.3%
Sugars 134.6 g
Protein 15 g29.6%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 95.7%
Calcium 38.5% Iron 41.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet