Vermouth Pickled Onions
|Pearl onions||1 Pound, peeled and trimmed|
|Coarse salt||4 Tablespoon (Kosher)|
|Dry vermouth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Distilled white vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large pot, put water to boil add the onions and 1 tablespoon of salt
2) Cook for 3 minutes after the water boils.
3) In a large bowl, drain the onions, add 1 cup if cold water and remaining salt.
4) Stir to dissolve the salt. Cover and let it rest for over night.
5) Drain the onions with cold water, add vermouth and vinegar.
6) Cover and let it rest for over night.
7) Put it in preserving jars and refrigerate it.
8) Use as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3396.8 mg141.5%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet