Cauliflower Carrot Pickles In Honey Mustard
|Cauliflower||1 1⁄2 Pound, separated into florets (1 Medium Head)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, cut into 3 by 1/4 inch sticks|
|Dry sherry||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sherry wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||5 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/3 Cups+ 1 Tablespoon)|
|Coarse salt||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Kosher)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Cut the cauliflower florets into half to quarters.
2) In a saucepan, put 1/3 cup of vinegar, sherry, salt, sugar, tarragon and 2 cups of water. Bring it to boil.
3) When it boils add cauliflower and carrots, and stir for 1 minute.
4) Using a perforated ladle, remove the vegetables to a colander to drain, (leaving behind as much as tarragon as possible). Do not rinse
5) Discard the cooking liquid.
6) Dry the vegetable using paper towels.
7) In a medium bowl, put mustard, honey and remaining vinegar.
8) Whisk continuously and add the oil drop-by-drop and then in a slow steady stream.
9) Whisk, till all the oil is used up and the dressing is creamy and thick.
10) Add the vegetables, toss well.
11) Wrap the bowl with the plastic wrap and leave it in refrigerate overnight.
12) Toss again before serving.